Simply Peg's Place

L 'ame de la vie... 'The beautiful soul of life'

Friday, March 1, 2013

Sunshine and A love quilt

After much traveling we made it to the Sacramento area of California. As we came into California from southern Oregon...the sun was shinning. things were green and my soul that had missed the sun...started smiling.

For this mountain girl, having green and seeing blossoms on the tree's and feeling the sunshine and spring like weather, this time of year. Is a delightful change from the grey sky's and rains of Port Angeles, Washington and Sitka, Alaska.

 My Hubby and I, soaking up the sunshine and green, at a rest area. Sunshine makes the soul sing :)


This was taken from our truck..as the sun was setting in the California sky :) It was saying, "Welcome..I hope you enjoy your stay". I believe I will. 


While I was home, my mom handed me a quilt she had made for me! Made with reproduction vintage fabrics.......


My mom has made many wonderful quilts over the years... I watched them go to brothers, sister in-laws, my children, my nieces and nephews, and friends. Last spring it occurred to my sister and I..that we did not have a quilt that our mother had made. This amused us both. And I mentioned this to my mom, as I watched the latest quilt go to a sister in-law.

  My Happy quilt, has happy flowers that are blanket stitched. Aren't the fabric's pretty? My mom's response wasn't amusement like I expected, but more like the shock of..."oh my"! My sister is a wonderful seamstress, and we all do homemade crafty things. It was due to this, that it just hadn't occurred to my mom that her two daughters didn't have one of her quilts. My mom has a bucket list of sorts. When your diagnosed with a terminal cancer, after being healthy you whole life. The shock, the reality is something that is hard to digest. We are all praying for a miracle, But so far, they have only been able to stop the growth in her pancreas and liver. This then gives us the precious gift of time.......
And I still pray for that miracle.... But a Miracle is not something that happens on a regular basis. A miracle is something that happens when we least expect it to. If we all received miracles...they just wouldn't be miracles anymore.

This then makes this quilt....PRICELESS! look at all the hand stitching. Each stitch I know is my mothers love for me...forever shown in this wonderful quilt. And I realize how lucky I am, how blessed to have my Mothers love!

Mom, this song..is for you. I love you! I am blessed to call you my mother. And I am grateful for each day the lord gives us. I will always cherish this love quilt...always. And its perfect and so me...a happy happy quilt. From my heart and soul and forever.... thank you!


 "Have I told you lately that I love you
Have I told you there's no one else above you
Fill my heart with gladness
Take away all my sadness
Ease my troubles that's what you do

For the morning sun in all it's glory
Greets the day with hope and comfort too
You fill my life with laughter
And somehow you make it better
Ease my troubles that's what you do
There's a love that's divine
And it's yours and it's mine like the sun
And at the end of the day
We should give thanks and pray
To the one, to the one

Have I told you lately that I love you
Have I told you there's no one else above you
Fill my heart with gladness
Take away all my sadness
Ease my troubles that's what you do"

(Rod Stewart)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Would love to hear from you!