Simply Peg's Place

L 'ame de la vie... 'The beautiful soul of life'

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pippo the clown


As far back as my memory goes...
Pippo the clown was a part of it.
My grandparent's, my Opa and Oma
had Pippo in there living-room.

Later Pippo hung in the walls of our home
as my mother had him...
Always, always I loved him!
many people hate clowns, fear clowns...
not me!
Pippo had something about him that I gravitated towards...
it was the utter sadness in his eyes...


 This is a original painting...i have no clue the value...
My Opa collected only real painting's,
but they could have come from unknown artist...
all of this matters little to me...
what mattered to me was
'Pippo'


As I grew my mom new I wanted Pippo,
everyone new I wanted him...

I had spoken for years of my love for Pippo.
When our mother passed away July 21st 2013...
No one wanted Pippo, my brothers were like
freaky clown, nightmares...etc...
My sister didn't want him...
But I did. My mother had told me he was one of my
Oma's (grandma's) favorite piece's...
she related to him...
as i did..and then I got to hear the story...


we call him Pippo  his story is true...


This is the story as my mom heard it from my Opa (grandpa) and
how I heard it from my mom.
The Painting is called 'self portrait'
there was a famous Theater show about
this clown...
He lost his wife and soon to be first child...
in childbirth...and a hour later
he had to be on stage and perform...
not time to grieve or just be...
this was approx in the 1920's
so the portrait shows his deep sadness
as he became the clown everyone
wanted him to be...
and made others laugh...
while his own heart was in utter grief and sadness!

My  Oma I think related to him...the same
way i did... life isn't always what we assumed
it would be...
Life has it's pain,
life sometimes throws us into journey's and 
paths we never could have perceived...
and yet to me...
life is also so beautiful...
the pain as important as the joy's and laughter
Pippo reminds me of this...
a clown that brings laughter...and joy
and yet knows pain and sadness.

strength comes from facing the pain and sadness
it is those who walk the pain and sadness
and still smile...
still look up, still believe, still find joy, always,
despite everything...
it is those who's courage and strength emulate
all I want to aspire too and Be

true strength and courage doesn't come from
all being perfect...
true strength and courage comes
when all isn't perfect, 
but you find joy and reasons to smile
on a daily basis...
it is knowing that "you are loved"
in each and every precious moment...
and all you experience is to make you stronger
make you wiser and in the end...
make you more like him!
Our loving Heavenly Father  

And that then is my life's journey
to be more like him
to sparkle and shine
and emulate who 'God'
truly is...


Have a wonderful day...
know that you are loved...
know that everyone fights a battle of some kind
other's may not see...
you can be the gift, that someone needed today...
simply by being you... by sharing a smile, a positive word,
by being 'love' in this sometimes
chaotic world...
may your day be amazing in every way!

3 comments:

  1. So beautifully articulated Peggy Sue! I do see the sadness reflected in his eyes. I think its great that you know the story behind it- that makes it a true treasure! My mom has a painting of a wolf, that my husband adores and I know there is some quality he sees in it that he relates to as well. This is the bible verse we used in our wedding- its one of my favorites for sure! I pray I can "be love" for someone today- just like you have been for me! Love to you sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Peggy Sue.
    I so appreciate this post, my dear friend. Pippo's face tells such a story of sadness, yet as a clown he shows the courage to go out and try to bring JOY to others. I'm so glad you know the actual story behind this clown. It makes this painting even more special. How brave he was, an hour later, to go do the best he could to entertain others. And he had just suffered an unbearable loss.

    You are so, so right when you say that true strength and courage doesn't come from being perfect and that we are all facing tough battles. Thank you for your recent email, YOUR courage, for sharing your true self with me, and for living your life for the Lord. He shines through YOU!

    God bless you, sweet friend and prayers, always prayers!
    Love Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you ladies for visiting...for sweet words...your friendship and love :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Would love to hear from you!