Simply Peg's Place

L 'ame de la vie... 'The beautiful soul of life'

Friday, February 1, 2013

Its the first Day of love Month!

Its the very first day of 'Love Month'. I dont think of it just being the month of Valentines day and 'sweethearts', because that tends to leave those out..who at this moment in time may not have a sweetheart. Its just 'love month' the time of the year to celebrate 'love' and to let those we love...know just how much! children, parents, grandparents, friends...nieghbors..the list is endless..... Think outside the box of 'Valentines Day' and simply share the love :)

This then, is the lead in...to the above pic. Last June my husband and I renewed our vows. we had all 5 kids, parents and granbabies present. I wanted something casual..but unique..something that would also knock my husbands socks off. I also have big feet, that are difficult to fit. I wanted to be comfortable. Boots therefore always seem to fit. I found a 1940's vintage slip dress and I upcycled it to my 'one of a kind' vintage dress. So girly, so lacey....something that I would never wear..Because it has to have a occasion to do so..and I felt so pretty in all that lace. Every embelishment in this dress is also 100% vintage. It came together in my mind..a and when it was done..I was SO EXCITED.

A friend took the pics of me below in my dress. The other pics were taken by 'yours truly' and family.
it was a romantic dress...for a very romantic occasion. And now I am just so into upcycling vintage dress's! 

The back, with lace and beading...small roses and trim..... did I tell you, it was so girly!
Front and side view...with the hat,

and then of course she took a couple of me, without the hat. The photos were a gift from my sister. Our wedding photos did not turn out. and then a bunch were lost...and then there was NONE I repeat none of us looking at the camera at the same time...and alas none of just me and my dress. What a perfect gift. from a wonderful sister. Thank you sis!
The day arrived in a warm midwest june....
presenting the Mr and Mrs. :)
Just a very intimate group of immediate family... here we are with our kids....


Yes, a fun crew they are. All far more outgoing then I...I believe they get that from there Dad! And if you come with a large family. Then you know, with lil ones...its very hard to get everyone to stand still in place, at the same time. I love these peoples! this family...that is mine! did you notice??? the girls out number the men in our family :)


 

It's 'Love Month' tell those you love, that you do. Try simple acts of kindness all month thru.
Just love!

A favorite quote; "Love is the condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own"

2 comments:

  1. What a joyous event and beautiful photos that you will cherish always. You are a gorgeous lady and I'm so happy to 'meet' you! Sweet hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Peggy,
    Wow, You look lovely and your dress is soooo romantic, you have a gift for creating lovely dresses!! Great Job!!! and how very Romantic to remarry with all your loved ones:-) Sweet!
    Hugs,
    Bella

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Would love to hear from you!