Simply Peg's Place

L 'ame de la vie... 'The beautiful soul of life'

Saturday, December 21, 2013

The last of the homemade gifts are done...Repurpose Bicycle rim picture frames


Yes, you heard it...repurpose rim's...they were just laying there..behind My father in law's shop.
Destined for a trip to the Junk yard...and I had a light bulb idea...accept I learned later, I was NOT the first to have this idea! aaah sigh... But it was fun to tackle these anyways.


This is for a son! you can see him in the pic here, sitting by his pretty girl :). I gave him the rustiest wheal I could find. I scrubbed the wheals then spray painted them. I only painted the spokes on his, in a teal color.


I put burlap around the wheal and decided I would make these to hang from the ceiling. There really wasn't any work to do...the rims come with a hole big enough to use the parts I needed to put a chain on :)


This way both sides of the wheals can hold pic's. I just added some pic's so they know what this crazy wheal is about. And the clothes pin's were a medium size from the Hobby Lobby.

This rim was washed up and spray painted a off white. It's for a daughter and her family.


This rim was also scrubbed and spray painted off white for another daughter, But this daughter loves sparkle!


 I painted the rims with mod podge and added clear glitter! it sure sparkles! these last 2 rims were also made to hang from the ceiling so both sides could be used.


Burlap bows and buttons finish all of these repurpose Bicycle rim frames.


This gives you a better look at what I used to hang the chain (included is also a ceiling hook for each)
all was gotten at Lowe's for a very affordable price.. :)



Now this Mrs Claus gets to rest..and spend time
enjoying, family, friends and this wonderful
Christmas season...

  
Today we received this cute little deer from some friends
along with wonderful goodies. I don't think they have a clue how much that meant...
you see...it was our first package we received...because well because
most of the time, fun box's came from my mom...
(and this year...she is not with us. She is spending Christmas
with Jesus and I bet it is amazing...but I miss her!) or my Mother in-law...but we are close
to her now...so no packages in the mail...there is just something
fun about a package in the mail! 

Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
In hopes that St Nicholas soon would be there.

The children were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of sugar-plums danced in their heads.
And mamma in her ‘kerchief, and I in my cap,
Had just settled our brains for a long winter’s nap.

When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.
Away to the window I flew like a flash,
Tore open the shutters and threw up the sash.

The moon on the breast of the new-fallen snow
Gave the lustre of mid-day to objects below.
When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,
But a miniature sleigh, and eight tinny reindeer.

With a little old driver, so lively and quick,
I knew in a moment it must be St Nick.
More rapid than eagles his coursers they came,
And he whistled, and shouted, and called them by name!

"Now Dasher! now, Dancer! now, Prancer and Vixen!
On, Comet! On, Cupid! on, on Donner and Blitzen!
To the top of the porch! to the top of the wall!
Now dash away! Dash away! Dash away all!"

As dry leaves that before the wild hurricane fly,
When they meet with an obstacle, mount to the sky.
So up to the house-top the coursers they flew,
With the sleigh full of Toys, and St Nicholas too.

And then, in a twinkling, I heard on the roof
The prancing and pawing of each little hoof.
As I drew in my head, and was turning around,
Down the chimney St Nicholas came with a bound.

He was dressed all in fur, from his head to his foot,
And his clothes were all tarnished with ashes and soot.
A bundle of Toys he had flung on his back,
And he looked like a peddler, just opening his pack.

His eyes-how they twinkled! his dimples how merry!
His cheeks were like roses, his nose like a cherry!
His droll little mouth was drawn up like a bow,
And the beard of his chin was as white as the snow.

The stump of a pipe he held tight in his teeth,
And the smoke it encircled his head like a wreath.
He had a broad face and a little round belly,
That shook when he laughed, like a bowlful of jelly!

He was chubby and plump, a right jolly old elf,
And I laughed when I saw him, in spite of myself!
A wink of his eye and a twist of his head,
Soon gave me to know I had nothing to dread.

He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work,
And filled all the stockings, then turned with a jerk.
And laying his finger aside of his nose,
And giving a nod, up the chimney he rose!

He sprang to his sleigh, to his team gave a whistle,
And away they all flew like the down of a thistle.
But I heard him exclaim, ‘ere he drove out of sight,
"Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good-night!"


~Clement Clarke Moore (1779-1863)

1 comment:

  1. These are beautiful gifts and could be used in so many ways...even with Christmas cards or tags. Or a birthday...with all of your cards. Merry Christmas my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Would love to hear from you!