Simply Peg's Place

L 'ame de la vie... 'The beautiful soul of life'

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Sometimes the greatest gift...is soul laughter...

I came back to Montana because, we were expecting our 5th grandchild and 4th granddaughter...


 Her name??? well lets just say my husband is calling her 'Sweet baby Rae'.


This beautiful daughter...opted to NOT have her stretch marks removed..instead this is what she said...A quote she shared..(yes this made me smile with pride)

""A mark for every breath you took, every blink, every sleepy yawn. One for every time you sucked your thumb, waved hello, closed your eyes and slept in the most perfect darkness. One for every time you had the hiccups. One for every dream you dreamed within me. It isn't very pretty anymore. Some may even think it's ugly. That's OK. It was your home. It's where I first grew to love you, where I lay my hand as I dreamed about who you were and who you would be. It held you until my arms could, and for that, I will always find something beautiful in it." 


Grand baby #4 is so excited about her baby sister....But little sister was taking her time...Lot's of pre-labor and dilated 2 and then 3 cm...but so far no baby sister!!


And then....FINALLY on Oct 15th....at 1:15 p.m. she decided to make her appearance!!! 7lbs 14 ounces and 20 inches long!!! As she crowned..I see all the dark hair, just like her big sister...and in 3 brief pushes she came into this world...beautiful beautiful baby girl....the doc kept saying over and over...and THEN...oh well THEN... as the Doc is whipping her off...Nana (or yours truly) spots something...a 'Package' on what was suppose to be...a granddaughter!!! and I sit there in utter silence...knowing what I saw..and yet..not knowing what to say. You see, my daughter had felt it was a boy..but the ultra sound tech had said, "I have never been wrong yet" and well...she wanted another little girl...and so I sat there..and finally caught my breath and said, "OK, Doc you need to double check" and then, I looked strait in my daughters eye's and said, "remember those dreams and feelings you are having???? and then all of a sudden you hear from the doc...

"OH MY GOSH IT'S A BOY!!!"

 
And this Nana..who has had  many shocks this past year...well everything went away and I laughed and laughed...as my grandson came into this world!!!


He doesn't look like a girl. And big sister is so  fascinated with "baby sister" (9 months of baby sister will take some time to switch to baby brother!!!)   and Nana laughs...and laughs and laughs....
SOUL laughter...the healing kind!!!


 We have a lil man! and he makes me smile...and YES we had to run...everything was pink...even his crib sheets!.....


But as you can see...he doesn't look like a girl! to be in that moment (very rare now a days) is nothing like hearing about those moments...The parents were thrown for a loop..the Doc and Hospital had not had this happen in over 5 years.... And Nana Laughed!!!!


And there is NO way these parents would switch him for a girl! No way at all! And Nana laughed...some more...

  
And Big sister is becoming very comfortable with baby brother!!! and Nana still laughs...


And I became amazed at 'God's grace'!!! you see, I seem to know the sex of babies...why? I have no clue...but this one...nope..nothing...It was just a guess like everyone else's...and when the ultra sound said GIRL..well that is just what it was...and yet, I now know why i didn't know...the lord new..he new I needed this surprise...i needed the shock..the good kind with all the laughter...and that makes me above all...most humbly blessed...


Here is our only Bigger Grandson, holding his cousin..so now we are 2 and 3...Yeah!! maybe the boys will catch up! When he saw his favorite cousin with her new baby brother, he actually melted...wanting a baby brother himself. I sense more grand babies down the road.... would you agree? and meanwhile my soul is smiling...and laughing... is there anything more beautiful??? truly is there anything????

Thank you Lord..for the most wonderful surprise..the kind my soul needed...For it  brought me utter SOUL LAUGHTER!!! 

2 comments:

  1. Peggy! Oh how I bought in- all the way in- wondering all about this sweet new baby- ha- boy!! You got me good and how could that not bring about hearty soul laughter? Just proof again that so much of this is not in our hands... the knowing parts... even when it comes to the birth of a healthy baby! Loved reading this and can just hear your laughter through and through as I read. Congrats to all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vicky! It was such a wonderful surprise!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Would love to hear from you!