Simply Peg's Place

L 'ame de la vie... 'The beautiful soul of life'

Saturday, September 21, 2013

I fell in love with a Historic Hotel!

Some of you know, that I am searching for a home. And each and every one that I love...is either in escrow or withdrawn from the market...As I was searching the other day, I came across a Historic Hotel for sale, in a small town...I kept going back to the listing, looking at the one picture...and sighing... Something just drew me to it.

So as silly as this sounds, without telling the Hubby. I decided, I need to go see it... Besides, all this moving and painting and scrubbing and living with my daughter and grandson right now...had me wanting to take a small, lil adventure all by myself.

I am still very New to the Midwest, The beautiful heartland area of our Grand United States we live in... My roots tend to be Montana/ Mountain girl.

I don't have a fancy GPS in my ride or a Tom tom...I don't even own a smart phone... because I am afraid the smart phone will be far to smart and just answering it will take all the electronic savvy I do not have.

So I hurled myself into the void. crusin down narrow winding two lane roads. of course I missed a road. some just arn't marked out there. But I saw a sign that there was a town 3 miles ahead and decided I could stop there for directions. And as you well know with little towns, you know were to go...for help because there is only one place that has traffic and there are like 5 cars there, and the locals are drinking coffee. So I ask how do I get from here to there? and there reply, "well you just take yourself back out there, and you keep going down T hwy, till you get to 2 hwy, then you want to take a left at Z hwy but be careful because before Z hwy comes ZZ hwy and you dont want to take that one, because it's a totally different road. (did you catch all that?) So I "took myself back out there" and decided maybe if I get lost I would find that home!!! besides I was enjoying the journey.

But even if I am not savvy with electronics. I am savvy in finding my way...and I Finally get to this lil town and see.....

The cutest, quaint...lil hotel...and without even stepping out of my ride...I start to grin...

I loved the tree's that surround it....

I love, love, love the porches!

 And of course I love the roses....


This section has been used as the flower shop in town for 30 years...and I fell in love with the wonderful beautiful wood work....(and you have to understand that I generally speaking have run into old dark wood that I don't like)..but this wood is soft and like real antiques...gorgeouse...



So soft...so pretty...and the whole time...a smile was on my face..like a huge permi-grin!!!

The tea room....aaah sigh

The buildt in's...double sigh....


So rich with history and a time were life was so different. This Hotel was buildt in the late 1800's. At that time there was a train depot across the street. Aaah I can see the men and women, the clothing....


I wanted this hotel!!! I thought what could I do with it? the upstairs has 3 apartments. they just need TLC in carpet and upgraded kitchen's and oh to decorate...but I was thinking more  hotel again..or lil B&B...but I am not suppose to be buying a Hotel...I am suppose to be buying a home...and then the thought came..."oh if only this was on 20 acres...aaah sigh" and then the thought came..could I move it to 20 acres??? but then I realized this lil town loves there lil hotel.. How could I steal it from them???
so.......for now..I am dreamin again...thinking and...waiting.....

   
Wouldn't it make a lovely home?


Can you blame me...for falling in love with it??? aaah double sigh. Have you every fallen in love with a building that you could call home???

1 comment:

  1. That would indeed be an adventure and a different way of life. When we travel, I'm always seeing buildings and homes I like and wondering what my life would be like at that particular place. It's fun to day dream. And I'm glad you went to look at it. Makes you wonder.......

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Would love to hear from you!