Simply Peg's Place

L 'ame de la vie... 'The beautiful soul of life'

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

The wedding is over..the knot was tied...and my 50th Birthday arrived





I post this from my daughters apartment...
later this afternoon, after being gone a week..
I fly home.

The pic above, is my daughter and I after the ceremony
I was honored to be the Matron of honor
at My husbands cousins wedding!

she looked gorgeous in her gown...
see the link below 

I will post about the wedding when her pic's come back :)

at midnight on Saturday at the wedding reception...I also
turned 50 years old.
Its a funny thing, that number 50...
when I thought of it...I had no issues..
but when the moment came...
and I thought,
"wow, I am 50"
It felt different...
It felt older :)

I hope the wisdom I have gained so far...
continues, that the learning life brings
I continue to embrace...
there is so much to learn!

This past week was filled with learning...
you see I have not been around the brides family in
over 10 years...Yes a huge family dynamic there

There were many egg-shell moments...
of treading lightly...
and moments that I forgot the dynamic and grinned
and smiled filled with the delight of the event to turn
to a family member..only to get a wall of coldness...

I choose to overall...let my light shine...
to be me...to love as I do...to respect as I do..
to go that extra mile as I do...
I would like to think it may have touched them...
there were moments the guard was down...
and the light attracted them...
and then once again...the wall came up!

Simply stated it is the very way I love..that has caused this chaos...
love isn't selfish, love does not harm,
love is wanting the BEST for someone..the utter best..simply because you love that much...
and I did and I do...
and because I know this without a doubt...
I was at peace!

The bride and groom had there day...
the emotions were high
the love shined around them...
the venue was everything she wanted...
the dress..perfect on her...
and they joined there lives together....
and I am thrilled with how it all turned out...
so stayed tune...the wedding post will be here soon...
Meanwhile even tho there has been no real celebration for my 50th..
I have a priceless gift..I received a week ago...
I will share that gift...once I get home!
I missed you all...was to busy to be on-line in any way!!! 

2 comments:

  1. My sweet friend,
    Happy Birthday sweet Peggy Sue! :) :)You are such a miracle and I am so, so glad you were born!! What a blessing you are to me and to all of us who love you! When God made you, He put His heart and soul into you! You look fantastic at 50, not just your physical self but your soul as well! This will be a time of so much learning for you.

    And the Matron of Honor...you are so special to the Bride. I am sorry that there were others there who couldn't show warmth. Old history can get in the way for some people. Thank heavens our Father helps us to work on forgiveness and letting go. They were blessed to have you there.

    Sending you loves and hugs and prayers, dear friend. Always prayers!
    Love, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy, Happy Birthday Peggy Sue! I love that we both have July birthdays! Oh my- you make 50 look beyond beautiful! You simply look radiant in that photo- so pretty! I'm so glad that you didn't let anyone tear you down, or dampen your spirit! That truly is wisdom and that is something that will continue to serve you well! Much love to you sweet one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Would love to hear from you!